Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Beginning

It all started in Provo, UT in June of 2008. I had just graduated from high school a year before and wasn't doing much in El Paso, TX so when my sister Lauren said she was heading to BYU the next summer, I decided to tag along and see what UT is all cracked up to be. Lauren and Derek had already been dating so when I got there Lauren and Derek had already asked Garrett(Derek's brother) if he would want to meet me. He said yes and shortly after asked me out on our first date. We went to Nickel Arcade to play games(Garrett's favorite thing to do) and then went to his condo to eat a Freshetta pizza. It was the best date I have ever been on! We had a great time together! After that first date, we continued to hang out until about July or August. After that, Garrett wanted us to be boyfriend and girlfriend and I quickly disagreed. I had only been in UT for a couple months and didn't want to have a steady boyfriend. According to Garrett it "broke his heart" and he chose not to be friends with me anymore. During the next couple of months I dated some other guys but never had as much fun with them as I did with Garrett. I didn't feel the same connection to them...So, one day I decided to text Garrett and ask him if he wanted to hang out. He kind of hesitated but then agreed. After that day we were inseparable! We became official in October of 2008 and spent every second that we could together! I can still remember the first time he told me that he loves me and I can remember what I was wearing and where I was about to go! I had never felt the way I felt around him with any other guy and that's how I knew he was the one for me! We moved to El Paso in December where I moved in with my parents and Garrett rented a room from a house just a few blocks from my parents. We got engaged shortly after that and got married in the Albuquerque, NM Temple on May 23rd, 2009. It was the best day of my life! I couldn't be any happier! I love you Garrett Scott! 








4 comments:

  1. Sher:
    I love that you have a blog. :0)
    I enjoy reading it...

    good luck w/ Sawyer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry that is from Maggie :0!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! i'm glad i have another blog to stalk haha. i hope you don't mind that i'm following. i love your hair on your wedding day, it was really beautiful and i love garrett's socks! i also loved reading your story of how you met :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Emme! :) I'm glad someone likes to read it :)

    ReplyDelete