Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ten Percent

Tithing. I must admit that it's not always my favorite word to hear or to think of because sometimes I feel that the money I spend on tithing could be put to good use for something else. But then I am quickly reminded of all the great things mine and everyone else's tithing goes to. Beautiful temples and church buildings, 19 year old boys who would like to serve a mission but don't have the funds to do so, etc. When I stop and think about all these things, I am so happy that I choose to pay my tithing and help the church. It's a great feeling to know that my contribution is helping expand the church in many many ways. So, when I went to write my tithing check this afternoon, I felt an over abundance of happiness and joy come over me. Everytime I feel this, I am reminded of why I love to pay my tithing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment