Friday, April 29, 2011

Fried Pickles anyone?

The first time I ever tried fried pickles was at Buffalo Wild Wings. My sister, Lauren suggested we get some. I had never even heard of them or even knew they existed. So, we got some and I must say, I fell in love. They were delicious! Dip them in ranch and they are even better! Of course, cause ranch makes EVERYTHING better(especially Dion's ranch!). A few weeks after trying the Buffalo Wild Wings fried pickles we went and ate at this restaurant on base called Smashburger. They also had fried pickles so of course we ordered some...Delish. So my mom and I decided that we should try to make our own. She googled a recipe for them and we gave them a shot! Here is the recipe! I hope you try making them! It's easy and they are soooo good! Enjoy! :)


                                                      Fried Pickles
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon vinegar-based hot pepper sauce(We used Valentino sauce)
3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt(Lawry's)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup cornmeal
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1(32 ounce) jar dill pickle sandwich slices
1 cup vegetable oil for deep frying
Salt and Pepper to taste


Directions: 
1. In a large bowl, combine eggs, 1/4 cup of the flour, buttermilk, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, seasoning salt and garlic powder
2. In a separate mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, 2 cups flour, salt and 3/4 teaspoon black pepper.
3. Preheat oil in a deep fryer or pot to 365 degrees.
4. Dip drained pickles into milk mixture and then dredge them in the flour mixture. Deep fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Salt and pepper to taste.


                                                           End result! 

2 comments:

  1. I loooooooooove these! I'm glad we figured out that we can make them instead of pay 3.00 for some!!! Cute pictures of the pickles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe (when I get back to the states I will try to make 'em). :0)
    hope all is well! tell everyone hi!
    this is Maggie bytheway

    ReplyDelete