Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hello, Baby Sawyer!


Sawyer Scott Hargrove was born on January 24th, 2011 weighing 7lbs. 12oz and was 19 1/2 inches long! This was definitely love at first sight! I had a really easy and enjoyable labor and delivery with him. My mom and my sister, Lauren were present at the birth which was really nice for me since Garrett was not able to be there. They were great coaches and gave me lots of support! During the labor and delivery I got a fever of about 102 so I had to be put on oxygen which was no fun! Those oxygen masks are gross and I felt a little claustrophobic! But, it was necessary to keep it on to also make sure Sawyer had enough oxygen. Since I had a fever, it caused Sawyer to also get a fever so both him and I were on antibiotics for 48 hours. It stunk! And I felt so bad for Sawyer because he had an IV in his tiny little hand and it broke my heart to see his hand taped to a board to make sure the IV stayed put. But, it helped him to not get sick so I was thankful for that! After a long two days, we were FINALLY able to go home. I was so excited to take him home where we could both be comfortable. The first night home was a little rough though and he cried most of the night. I was so blessed to have my mom here with me to help take care of him during the night. Mom's are the best! I don't think I could've done it without her, especially since Garrett wasn't here. I'm so thankful for Sawyer and what a great blessing and miracle he is! I love him so much! I feel so bad that Garrett hasn't been able to spend very much time with him but I know he loves him just as much as I do and he would kill to be here with us right now. We love you Sawyer! 








No comments:

Post a Comment