Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Twisted


"Everyone my age is getting pregnant and getting married. It's giving our generation a bad name."-This was posted by a friend of mine on her Facebook the other day and I just had to laugh. I guess she thinks that if you just live together and are sleeping together and not getting pregnant or married, it's legit...What a joke! I don't know what this world has come to but it's quite sad if you ask me. I'm so glad that I have the understanding as to why marriage is great and why we should "multiply and replenish". I wish I could just share it with everyone! It makes me laugh when people don't want to get married cause it's "too big of a commitment" yet, they are ok with moving in together? HaHa! I don't get it. This world is so mixed up and twisted. At times it makes me laugh but mostly it just makes me sad to see so much dysfunctionality(I'm not sure that's a word but it sounded good haha). People who are so against marriage and families don't know what they're missin' out on! I wouldn't change the way my life is now for anything! I'm so happy that I am married to my best friend and I'm so thankful for our beautiful son who reminds me constantly of how great life is! :) I hope someday others can realize how great it truly is! 

3 comments:

  1. Go Sheridan! We need more girls with attitudes like that. It's so true though, the idea of marriage has changed so drastically in the past few decades. It's scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sher...I agree I think it is so sad & hurtful when people get pregnant and they don't want the father of the kid anymore b/c they are not "used" to them yet. I think divorce is "easier" b/c everyone does it now & it is just an easy way to get out of life. I agree with you!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheridan! I'm so glad you found my blog! Congrats on your new little guy, and on being a wife and mother! Love your post. It really is scary how little value marriage holds in our society anymore, so it's good to hear someone from "your generation" speaking out in its defense! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete