Thursday, April 14, 2011

Oh, what a night!



I had been craving a mint chocolate blizzard from DQ for about three days before my mom and I finally went last night. We were going to go the night before last but Sawyer decided to take a wicked long nap around 530 and didn't wake up til almost 9, so when he decided to take ANOTHER long nap last night I decided to wake him up cause I wanted my DQ blizzard, darn it(I'm so mean, I know)! So, we get to DQ and go through the drive thru and order two small blizzards and an order of Steak Fingers. The girl at the window hands us our blizzards and asks us to pull forward since our food wasn't ready. Ok, fine. We pull up next to this other car waiting for their food and after about 5 minutes of waiting, she gets her food and leaves. Great, we're next right? Wrong. My mom and I got to talking in the car while eating our blizzards and finally after about 15 or 20 minutes she finally says "I think they forgot about us!" So I walked inside(which is so annoying considering I went through the drive thru on purpose so I wouldn't have to get out...Isn't that the point of them? Yes.) and told one of the workers our situation and handed him my receipt to show him what we had ordered so he could get it for us. He comes back a minute later, hands me the box of food and says "My apologies, have a good night." Really? That's it? Shouldn't we get something free for waiting for 20 minutes?! Oh, that's right...we live in EL PASO! People here have never heard of customer service. Well, then to top it off, we get home only to realize that they hadn't given us the gravy that comes with our meal! So here we are making our own gravy! We finally get all situated and sit down to watch our show of the week, American Idol. Thank goodness that was on to off-set the crummy service from dinner! I'm sure Sawyer was laughing inside and saying "Ha! That's what you get for waking me up, Mom!" I must say it was kind of funny thinking back on it but I was happy to go to bed last night. My mom says "At least we always have tomorrows to start over." Well, you hope you do anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahaha now I want a DQ Blizzard! Last time I went, I went specifically during Girl Scout Cookie season to get my favorite GSC Blizzard and they said they weren't serving them. We asked why because afterall, it was the season for the cookies and in classic El Paso fashion, the girl's like, "I dunno". And Derek asked when they'd start them again and she's like, "I don't know" AGAIN. Ah! Stupid people! Haha. We went to the mall and I was looking for shoes my size (they didn't have them, of course). She tells me, "We don't got no more". Awesome. Everyone in El Paso is the same. DQ or not. Ha.

    ReplyDelete