Thursday, April 7, 2011

Welcome to the Army


We have had quite the adventure since Garrett decided to join the ARMY last year. In June of 2010 he left for basic training to Fort Jackson, SC. Saying goodbye to him on June 28th was the hardest thing I had ever done up til then. During the time he was at basic we were only able to talk to each other once a week(if that) for five minutes. I was pregnant at this time which made us not being able to talk, even harder. Finally after in September after 11 looooong weeks of him being gone, my parents and I headed to South Carolina to Garrett's graduation.  I got to see him for probably a total of about 11 hours in the two days that we were there and he wasn't allowed to sleep with me either. It was hard. But, it was nice to be able to see him :) He looked great and had lost about 30 pounds since the last time I had seen him and I was pregnant so I had gained some! HaHa! After Garrett graduated from BC and I had left, he moved to Fort Knox, KY to do his AIT(Advanced Individual Training) to become an A1 M1 Abrams Tank Mechanic. He was there from September-January and unfortunately he missed the birth of Sawyer but he was able to come two weeks after. Then he had to head back to Fort Hood, TX where we are stationed. We were supposed to move there in February once Sawyer was over a month old but plans soon changed when we found out in February that Garrett would have to deploy to Afghanistan on March 15th. It broke my heart to hear that news since we now have a new baby and have already spent 9 months apart. I have to constantly remind myself that everything will be ok and that he had to go early for a reason. I have faith that he will be ok and that he will make it home safe. We miss him tremendously and can't wait to see him in September when he comes home for his two week R&R. Although I complain about the ARMY a lot, they have been great for us and have allowed us to have our beautiful baby, Sawyer and have helped us to save money for our future :) We miss you Garrett. Come home safe. 




Ready to deploy. Hooah! See you soon, my love.

3 comments:

  1. it must be so incredibly hard to be separated from your husband! i can't even imagine...hope he's safe and doing well though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emme! It has been a hard thing to do but we're doin' it. He's doing great and he's safe! :) And we get to skype twice a day which makes it a heck of a lot easier :)

    ReplyDelete